IV Eagle Flyby - July 21, 2023
Student Schedules Live on Home Access Center (HAC) on Monday, August 7, 2023.
I hope you and your family are enjoying the summer break. Before you know it, we will be opening the doors for the first day of school on Tuesday, August 29. Yes, just a little over five weeks away. Even better student schedules for the 2023-2024 school year will be available on Monday, August 7, 2023, on Home Access Center (HAC). Students and parents are reminded to contact their school counselor with any questions about their schedule when they go live on August 7. The school counselors are Ms. Jen Toby (Student last names A-Le) and Mrs. Kristen Raught (Student last names Li-Z).
The renovation to the building is progressing well. The phases of the renovation below will be completed in August (Dates TBD) and ready for the opening day of school.
- Phase 1 – New addition to the front of the building.
- Phases 2A and 2B – E-Wing hallway and classrooms.
- Phase 3A – New locker rooms.
- Phase 3B – New Technology Education room, Health room, Music rooms, and MTSS rooms.
- Phase 3C – Newly renovated Auditorium.
- Phase 4 – Newly renovated Main Office. Same location in the front of the building.
*Note that until the opening day of school parents and students visiting will continue to use the temporary main entrance on the right side of the building.
During the upcoming school year, the following renovation phases will happen.
- Phase 5 – C-Wing classrooms, bathrooms, hallway, lockers, and courtyard renovations.
- Phases 6 and 7 – D-Wing classrooms, bathrooms, hallway, lockers, and courtyard renovations.
- Additionally, the back of the school will be closed to traffic for the remainder of the 2023-2024 school year.
Below are photos of the new addition and main entrance. The renovations to the building are awesome!
Building Tours in August
We will continue to open the building for students and parents to tour the building following their schedule after the schedules go live on HAC. However, the dates of the tours are not finalized due to the current renovations happening over the summer. I will have more information as we get closer to August 7 and will send out the specific dates, times, and areas of when the building will be open for tours. Remember, the contractor teams and IV maintenance staff are working diligently to ready the school for the opening day. Therefore, areas for touring the building may be limited.
Parent AM Drop-Off and PM Pick-Up
Please see the updated traffic patterns for AM Drop-Off and PM Pick-up for 2023-2024. Note that the main entrance at the front of the building will be open starting on or about August 25. Parents will be able to park in front of the building as you did prior to the renovation during the day for meetings and/or other reasons.
Football, soccer, field hockey, and cheerleading tryouts and practices will begin after school opens on Tuesday, August 29. Below is the link to the IV website for creating a FamilyID and forms that must be completed prior to the start of school. For information on athletics contact Mrs. Courtney Lepping, IV Athletic Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Monday, August 7 – Student Schedules Live on HAC
- Tuesday, August 22 – WEB Orientation 9:00 to 12:00 – Location TBD
- Wednesday, August 23 – WEB Orientation 9:00 to 12:00 – Location TBD
- Wednesday, August 23 – Teacher Report – Teacher In-Service Day
- Thursday, August 24 – Teacher In-Service Day
- Friday, August 25 – 6th Grade Orientation – 9:00 to 12:00 (Information will be sent to all 6th grade parents for the orientation)
- Monday, August 28 – Teacher In-Service Day
- Tuesday, August 29 – First Day of School.
Looking forward to opening school on August 29!
Be well and enjoy the remainder of the summer! If you have any questions, call the main office at 215-256-8896.
- IV flyby
- IV flyby 23-24