IV Eagle Flyby - April 21, 2023
We are still in need of supplies for our upcoming Community Day. Part of our day is having students volunteer for their community. Some of those opportunities occur in our building, where students create items needed for different organizations that we deliver after the event. Please see the Materials Donations link to donate items needed for those opportunities. Materials Link
You can also contact Dr. Catherine Heller at email@example.com.
SAVE Watershed Clean-Up
Thank you to all the students and teachers that participated in the annual Watershed Clean-up this past Saturday! The community is appreciative of our work in sustaining a healthy environment. Thank you to Mrs. Thomas and Mr. Hockman for organizing the clean-up.
Visit to Washington D.C.
Evan Rotholz visited Washington D.C. and lobbied with some important people. This was an awesome trip for Evan. Can you name the politicians Evan is lobbying with?
National History Day State Competition
Jeremy Evans, Liam Connolly, Aimal Ahmad and Sarah Kratz will compete this weekend at the National History Day State Competition at the University of Scranton. Jeremy and Liam are competing in the group performance category with a skit about the Space Race and Aimal and Sarah are competing in the group exhibit category with a display about the Partition of India and Pakistan. Both projects show how these historical topics crossed a frontier in history and qualified for States at the regional level. Good luck!
PSSA ELA Testing next week is scheduled for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Make-ups are on Friday and the following Monday. Please call the main office at 215-256-8896 with any questions about PSSA Testing.
New Receptionist at IV
Beth Bateman, IV’s receptionist is retiring. Her last day as receptionist is May 31. Beth has worked for SASD since 2005 and will be greatly missed. Sandy Shute will be the new receptionist. Sandy is no stranger to IV as she is currently the administrative assistant to the school nurse. Please welcome Sandy to her new position at IV.
- Tuesday, April 25 through Thursday, April 27 – ELA PSSA Testing
- Tuesday, April 25 – 5th to 6th Grade Parent Town Hall Meeting – 7:00 PM
- Wednesday, April 26 – Administrative Assistant Professional Day
- Thursday, April 27 – 6th Grade Honor Roll Ice Cream Social (For student that made the honor roll for three consecutive marking periods.) - 6:30 PM / Cafeteria
- Monday, May 1 – Teacher Appreciation Week Begins
- Tuesday, May 2 and Wednesday, May 8 – Math PSSA Testing
- Wednesday, May 3 – Parent Forum – 9:00 AM (In-person and virtual options)
- Wednesday, May 3 – IV Choral Concert – 6:30 / SAHS Auditorium
- Thursday, May 4 – 7th Grade Honor Roll Barbeque – 6:30 PM / Cafeteria
- Friday, May 5 – Science Night – 6:00 PM
- Friday, May 5 – School Lunch Appreciation Day
- Friday, May 5 – WEB 5th Grade Carnival – 6:30 PM / Football Field
- Wednesday, May 10 – School Nurse Appreciation Day
- Thursday, May 11 – 8th Grade Honor Roll Pasta Bar – 6:30 PM / Cafeteria
- Friday, May 12 – Music Department Field Trip to Dorney Park
- IV flyby