IV Eagle Flyby - April 14, 2023
Delaware Valley Science Fair
Congratulations to the 8 students that qualified for the Delaware Valley Science Fair! This larger fair brings together first and second place winners from the regional fairs in Southeastern New Jersey, Southeastern Pennsylvania, and Delaware. The students competed on April 6th at the Convention Center in Oaks and did a wonderful job presenting their science fair projects. We have one bigger event to look forward too- PJAS States at PSU in May and that will conclude an amazing science fair year at Indian Valley!
- Aimal Ahmad- Second Place Category Award and Special Award Recipient / State Qualifier
- Jeremy Evans- Second Place Category Award / State Qualifier
- Matthew Gabriel- Honorable Mention Category Award / State Qualifier
- Maya Herrlinger- Third Place Category Award / State Qualifier
- Lillian Lorenc- Honorable Mention Category Award / State Qualifier
- Haasini Matta- Third Place Category Award /State Qualifier
- Dylan Wu - State Qualifier
- Luke Huang - State Qualifier
Scholastics Arts & Writing
Gabriela Sanchez won a Gold Medal for her flash-fiction writing piece in the Scholastics Arts & Writing competition. This is a national competition where students enter at a regional level competition to earn gold, keys, silver keys, or honorable mention. Gold key winners automatically move on to the national level with the top award being a Gold Medal. Congratulations to Gaby for her excellence in writing!
Spring Concerts Change of Location
The IV spring concerts that were scheduled to be at Indian Crest Middle School have been relocated to the High School. Concert dates and times are below.
- May 3, 2023 – Choral Concert – 6:00 to 8:30
- May 22, 2023 – Orchestra Concert – 6:00 to 8:30
- May 23, 2023 – Band Concert – 6:00 to 8:30
Please contact Mrs. Ramage, Mrs. Clausz, or Mr. Haggerty with any questions.
PSSA Testing 2023
- ELA PSSA Test – April 25, 26, 27
- Math PSSA Test – May 2, 3
- 8th Grade Science PSSA Test – May 9, 10
Contact the main office with any questions regarding the PSSA tests for 2023.
HAC (Home Access Center) – Report Cards for MP3
Report Cards for MP3 will be fully updated on Wednesday, May 19. Please contact your child’s teacher with any questions pertaining to grading.
Perkiomen Watershed Spring Clean-up
This weekend the IV SAVE students, Mrs. Thomas, and Mr. Hockman are volunteering to clean-up and protect our local stream-side habitats. Every April, the conservancy hosts a single-day watershed wide event focused on removing litter, tires, and other debris from the regional waterways. During this event, volunteers work together to clean-up sites located throughout the watershed. The IV SAVE students will be working between Kulp and Gruber Roads. We are thankful to our students, Mrs. Thomas, and Mr. Hockman for their willingness to volunteer for the Watershed Spring Clean-up and the work they do to keep our environment green.
- Tuesday, April 25 through Thursday, April 27 – ELA PSSA Testing
- Tuesday, April 25 – 5th to 6th Grade Parent Town Hall Meeting – 7:00 PM
- Wednesday, April 26 – Administrative Assistant Professional Day
- Thursday, April 27 – 6th Grade Honor Roll Ice Cream Social (For student that made the honor roll for three consecutive marking periods.) - 6:30 PM / Cafeteria
- Monday, May 1 – Teacher Appreciation Week Begins
- Tuesday, May 2 and Wednesday, May 8 – Math PSSA Testing
- Wednesday, May 3 – Parent Forum – 9:00 AM (In-person and virtual options)
- Wednesday, May 3 – IV Choral Concert – 6:30 / SAHS Auditorium
- Thursday, May 4 – 7th Grade Honor Roll Barbeque – 6:30 PM / Cafeteria
- Friday, May 5 – Science Night – 6:00 PM
- Friday, May 5 – School Lunch Appreciation Day
- Friday, May 5 – WEB 5th Grade Carnival – 6:30 PM / Football Field
- Wednesday, May 10 – School Nurse Appreciation Day
- Thursday, May 11 – 8th Grade Honor Roll Pasta Bar – 6:30 PM / Cafeteria
- Friday, May 12 – Music Department Field Trip to Dorney Park
- IV flyby