IV Eagle Flyby - November 3, 2023
We are excited to announce the return of Girls on the Run (Heart & Sole) to Indian Valley! Practices will be held this year for 8 weeks on Thursday's from 3PM-5PM starting February 29th. Registration is now open! Please see the attached flyer and visit the Girls on the Run Website (gotrpa.org) for additional information. Please contact Dr. Heller (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Miss Toby (email@example.com) with any questions.
Girls in Tech
Mrs. Amy Craig, gifted support teacher, is holding another Girls in Tech. activity on Wednesday, November 15 in the library from 3:00 to 4:15 PM. See the flyer below and contact Mrs. Craig at firstname.lastname@example.org or 25-SouchMar@soudertonsd.us.
IV Students of the Month for October
- Emma Raslowsky - Grade 6 - Team Olympia - Art
- Camila Rodriguez - Grade 7 - Team Phoenix
- Nikaulas Drunkenmiller - Grade 7 - Team Phoenix
- Madison Nenstiel - Grade 7 - Team Gryphon - FCS
- Addison Alderfer - Grade 7 Team Gryphon
- Nolan Felton - Grade 7 - Team Gryphon
- Cassasndra Long - Grade 8 - Team Orion
- Quincy Canavan - Grade 8 - Team Orion
- Kate Yoder - Grade 8 - Team Orion - WINGS
- Ryan Lockhead - Grade 8 - Team Orion - Art
- Lillian Sweeney - Grade 8 - Team Titan - FCS
- Madelyn Benfield - Grade 8 - Team Titan
- Jacob Crippen - Grade 8 - Team Titan
IV Student Council Food Drive
The Student Council will run its annual Community Food Drive from November 1 through Friday, November 17. Items will be collected by advisory classes. Please see below and contact Mrs. Nicole Bauer with any questions at email@example.com.
November Activity Calendar
Partners with PAWS
- Begins Thursday, November 2, 2023.
- 3 dogs are currently partnered with IV (Mo - German Shephard, Debbie – Labradoodle, and Bellagracie - Mixed Hound). Two more dogs are expected to partner with IV sometime in November.
- Students can earn passes through the WINGS program and spend 15 minutes with the dog of their choice.
- Teachers are given puppy passes each month to use as positive reinforcement.
- WINGS student ambassadors are walking dogs around classrooms for 15 minutes each visit.
Winter Concerts IV band, chorus, and orchestra
- Wednesday, November 29 – 6th Grade Choir Concert – 7:00 PM
- Thursday, November 30 – 7th and 8th Grade Choir Concert – 7:00 PM
- Monday, December 4 – 7th and 8th Grade Band Concert – 7:00 PM
- Tuesday, December 5 – 6th Grade Band Concert – 7:0 PM
- Monday, December 11 – 6th Grade Orchestra Concert – 7:00 PM
- Tuesday, December 12 – 7th and 8th Grade Orchestra Concert – 7:00 PM
Contact Mr. Mike Haggerty (Band), Mrs. Michelle Clausz (Orchestra), and Mrs. Diane Ramage (Chorus) with any questions about the concerts.
Volunteer Opportunities (IV Helping Hands)
We continue to have had a lot of activities through the months of November and December and are grateful to all the parents that volunteered to help with them. The wheel continues rolling and below is updated volunteer information and opportunities for parents to volunteer.
Parents interested in signing up to be included on the volunteer roster will help with volunteer recruitment efforts and coordinate communications to you. Signing up on this site does not commit you. A separate communication for each event will provide activity information and solicit your volunteer commitment (could include set up, chaperoning, fundraising, donating food or other items, event support, etc.).
See the parent volunteer registration form. Below are upcoming volunteer opportunities.
Thank you to all the parents that have helped volunteering!
Please see the IV Web site calendar for upcoming events.
- IV flyby
- IV flyby 23-24