IV Eagle Flyby - September 30, 2022
Friday, September 30, 2022
IV fall sports teams are doing well. However, a special recognition to the football team for their first win in seven seasons. There was a lot of excitement in the building following their victory on Wednesday afternoon.
Also, we concluded our fundraiser. Thank you to all families that participated in the activity. I will continue to hand out ducks and candy throughout next week. October 12 is the bingo party and October 25 is the trip to Lincoln Financial Field for students that attained targeted sales goals. I will be sending emails to those parents and students with information on both.
MAP ELA and Math testing started this week. MAP Language testing is scheduled for next week on Thursday, October 6 and Friday, October 7. Make-ups are scheduled for Monday, October 10.
IV Teacher SWAP Day is on Wednesday, October 12, 2022. This is a time when core teachers (math, ELA, social studies, and science) will experience the developmental and social emotional needs of different age groups as well as the vertical and horizontal alignment of the curriculum. In short, 6th grade teachers will teach 7th grade classes, 7th grade teachers will teach 8th grade classes, and 8th grade teachers will teach 6th grade classes. This activity is linked to the professional development day on October 19, when teachers will debrief on their experience.
The first IV Parent Forum is scheduled for Tuesday, October 4, 2022, at 9:00 AM in the LGI for parents wanting to attend in-person. For those who would like to attend virtually, a Zoom link was e-mailed to parents on 9/30.
- Monday, October 3 – IVEF Boon Supply Fundraiser Begins
- Tuesday, October 4 – 7th Grade Trip to the Renaissance Faire
- Tuesday, October 4 – IV Parent Forum – 9:00 AM (in-person and virtual options)
- Wednesday, October 5 – Yom Kippur – No School
- Wednesday, October 12 – Girls in STEM – 2:45 to 4:00 PM
- Monday, October 17 through Friday, October 21 – Character Counts Education Week
- Tuesday, October 18 – Picture Retake Day and Fall Sports Picture Day
- Wednesday, October 19 – Act 80 Teacher Professional Development Day – No School for Students
- Friday, October 21 – Pink Out Day
- Friday, October 21 – Activity Night – 7:00 to 9:00 PM
- Wednesday, November 2 – IV Parent Forum – 9:00 AM (in-person and virtual options)
- Tuesday, November 7 – Election Day/Act 80 Day Teacher Professional Development Day – No School for Students
Have a Fantastic Weekend with Family and Friends!
- IV flyby