IV Eagle Flyby - March 24, 2023
SASD buses will be operating automated stop-arm enforcement cameras to detect vehicles that illegally pass stopped school buses that have their red lights flashing and stop-arm extended. The camera footage is shared with local law enforcement to determine whether to issue the vehicle owner a violation by mail. Beginning on April 11th, if a vehicle illegally passes a school bus transporting our students, the vehicle owner will be issued a violation. Please use this BusPatrol Link to see more information.
IV Web site Feedback
We are working to improve our Web site and would like your input. Please open the Find It Fast / search along the top of our Web site. Review the page and let us know what you think. Are there any additional quick links of things that would benefit parents or others looking for information on our website? For example, Volunteer Opportunities. E-mail your suggestions to email@example.com. Your input is greatly appreciated.
Gertrude Hawk Candy Pick-Up
Delivery is scheduled for Tuesday, March 28. Students with small orders will be called to the cafeteria by grade level to take their orders home with them. Parents can pick up large orders in the cafeteria from 3:15 to 5:00 PM. Please enter the temporary main entrance and follow the arrows to the cafeteria. If you are unable to pick up your order on March 28, you can stop at the main entrance and pick up your order during the school day. If you have any questions about the Gertrude Hawk Spring Fundraiser, call the main office at 215-256-8896.
NHD (National History Day) Award Winners
Congratulations to our National History Day Award Winners!
- Aimal Ahmad and Sarah Kratz - Group Exhibit First Place / A Gruesome Separation.
- Liam Connolly and Jeremy Evans - Group Performance Second Place/ How the Space Race Boosted Humanity in the Modern World.
- Leandra Abo Elyamine and Becca Lemon- Group Documentary / Kevin McKoy Award for Excellence for African American History $300/ Martin Luther King Jr: a man of peaceful protests, speech's and impacting acts.
MCSRC (Montgomery County Science Research Competition)
Congratulations to our students that competed in the Montgomery County Science Research Competition this week. Special and category awards for the competition will be announced on Saturday, March 25.
- Grade 6 – Sebastian DuBois, Siri Matta, Alex Shockley, Adan Ahmad, and Maddison Truskowski
- Grade 7 – Sydney Kao, Likhitha Inampudi, Nicholas Abraham, Sriya Gorrepati, Dylan Wu, and Advaith Bondugula
- Grade 8 – Nathaniel Chau, Maya Herrlinger, Ethan Lane, Jeremy Evans, Laura Charles, Lillian Lorenc, Ryan Markus, Lizzy Schindele, Aimal Ahmad, David Gandy, Luke Huang, Haasini Matta, Matthew Gabriel, and Micah Schirripa
Upcoming Parent Volunteer/Chaperone Opportunities
- Chorus Concert at Indian Crest Middle School – May 3 – 6:00 to 8:30 – Contact Mrs. Ramage
- Orchestra Concert at Indian Crest Middle School – May 17 – 6:00 to 8:30 – Contact Mrs. Clausz
- Band Concert at Indian Crest Middle School – May 23 – 6:00 to 8:30 – Contact Mr. Haggerty
- Music Department Trip to Dorney Park – Friday, May 12 – Contact Mrs. Clausz
- 6th Grade Trip to Perkiomen Pines Camp Quebec – May 15 – Contact Mrs. Deppen
- Community Day – May 19 – Contact Dr. Heller
- 7th Grade Trip to Camp America in Chalfont -June 5 – Contact Mr. Bussom
- 8th Grade Trip to Knoebels – May 30 – Contact Mrs. Gossler or Mrs. Bartelstone
End of Marking Period 3
The end of Marking Period is Monday, April 3, 2023. Please contact your son or daughter’s teachers if you have any questions about grades. Report cards will be fully updated by Wednesday, April 19.
Upcoming Honor Roll Recognition
Each year we recognize students that made the honor roll for three consecutive marking periods. Below are the dates for each grade level. Parents of students that successfully attained honor roll for three consecutive marking periods will be notified. Note that the students are free, and guests will be charged. Costs will be included in the information sent to parents. If you have any questions about the honor roll recognition evenings, please contact your child's school counselor.
- 6th Grade Honor Roll Ice Cream Social – Thursday, April 27 – 6:30 PM
- 7th Grade Honor Roll Barbeque – Thursday, May 4 – 6:30 PM
- 8th Grade Honor Roll Pasta Bar – Thursday, May 11 – 6:30 PM
- Wednesday, March 29 – NYC Wicked – 6th Grade Gifted Trip
- Monday, April 3 – End of Marking Period 3
- Tuesday, April 4 – Paraprofessional Appreciation Day
- Wednesday, April 5 through Monday, April 10 – Spring/Easter Holiday
- Saturday, April 15 – SAVE Club – Perkiomen Water Shed Clean Up
- Tuesday, April 25 through Thursday, April 27 – ELA PSSA Testing
- Tuesday, April 25 – 5th to 6th Grade Parent Town Hall Meeting – 7:00 PM
- Wednesday, April 26 – Administrative Assistant Professional Day
- Thursday, April 27 – 6th Grade Honor Roll Ice Cream Social (For student that made the honor roll for three consecutive marking periods.) - 6:30 PM / Cafeteria
- Monday, May 1 – Teacher Appreciation Week Begins
- Tuesday, May 2 and Wednesday, May 8 – Math PSSA Testing
- Wednesday, May 3 – Parent Forum – 9:00 AM (In-person and virtual options)
- Thursday, May 4 – 7th Grade Honor Roll Barbeque – 6:30 PM / Cafeteria
See below for previous Eagle Flyby's.
- IV flyby